Hoop Steel 7mm (5/16 inch) wide by .65mm thick
This is a new hoop wire product for Farthingales in 2022. Similar in quality to our popular 6mm hoop steel, but a tiny bit wider (will still fit the same casings) and a tiny bit thicker - not enough to notice. NOTE: this steel does not fit 6mm tips! You will need to order 7mm tips.
Steel shortages are happening around the world and we've brought this in to fill the gap until the 6mm is back in stock - hopefully in early June!!! Yes, that's a long wait.
A 20% discount is factored into a 100 meter coil. Grid is made of 1/4" squares.
- You cannot cut this with scissors
- You will need tin snips with serrated jaws. The best ones have the letters CrM molded into the jaw
- Yes, you can use this for hoops but you may need a larger number of hoops.
- There are no hoop connectors for this steel
- You will need 7mm tips - Not 6mm tips(they will not fit)
- 1 meter is about 3" longer than 1 yard (5 meters is almost 5.5 yards)
- NOTE: I have found that this steel is harder to cut than our usual 6mm one.